Canada 150 exhibition "Glorious and free"
Squamish Arts Council building
June 30 - July 24, 2017
To Celebrate Canada’s 150th Confederation the Squamish Arts Council wishes to contribute to its celebration with an art exhibition opening June 30th through to July 24th. The exhibition will be running throughout the Canada Day celebrations held at the Arts Council Building in Junction Park while events are happening downtown. The Gallery will be open to the public so as to provide a space to engage with local artwork encompassing the theme.
1. All work should demonstrate our theme “Glorious and free!”
The theme is open to interpretation by artists in their preferred medium and can pertain to any such subject matter associated to the set theme
2. The show is open to all local artists within the sea to sky corridor
3. Maximum 3 pieces may be submitted
4. Works may be in any medium (painting, drawing, sculpture, photography, etc.)
5. Work must be prepared for exhibition – ready for hanging and showing on set due date
6. Artists must sign the attached Consignment agreement authorization for submission
**Please contact curator regarding works exceeding 48x48 inches to see if they can be accommodated**
How to apply:
1. Submit application no later then June, 23
Applications may be emailed to or in person to the Squamish Arts Council building: 37950 Cleveland Ave. Squamish, BC. SAC Hours: Tuesday – Saturday, 11 am - 4 pm
2. Photos of work must be included
3. All works that fall under the theme “Glorious and Free” and demonstrate strong support of Canadian community will be accepted
For any additional questions please contact Lexi Hilderman.
Application Deadline: Friday, June. 23rd
Art Drop-off: Monday, June. 26th
Exhibition Dates: Friday, June. 30th – July. 22nd
Art Pick up: Monday, July 24th